Occasionally Advantage terminal date which is shown in the upper right corner of each application screen is not the current date. This is caused by an old .log file found in Advantage's sys folder.
How to fix.
First of all, you must determine where the Advantage sys folder is located on your computer or network. This is done by taking the following steps:
- Log into Advantage.Hit the [SPACE BAR]
- Type in [SA2] and hit the [Enter] key
- Arrow right to the "MISC" option and hit [Enter].
- In the lower left corner of the screen, there is a line beginning with the word "AFILES" and to the right there is a path such as C:\ADV\SYS\. Wright down that path and exit the program.
- Open Windows Explorer by right clicking the Start button on your Windows desktop and click on Explorer or Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the drive letter and the folder you wrote down in step 4.1. above.
- Search for " *.LOG ". On Windows 7 and newer operating systems, the Search feature is found in the upper right corner of your screen.
- When the list of .LOG files appears, make the screen full screen and notice the dates of each file.
- Any .LOG file that does not show the current date, you may delete that file. Delete is accomplished by right clicking the file name and clicking the Delete option in the list.